Terms and Conditions: Leicestershire Garden Design News Colouring Competition – Winter 2015
1. The COLOURING competition (the “Competition”) is open to children living in the UK aged between 4 and 15 years old (“You”).
2. To enter the Competition, You should colour in the garden design published on the final page of the Winter 2015 edition of Leicestershire Garden Design News.
3. To enter the Competition you should send your entry to Leicestershire Garden Design Company, Unit 11, The Warren, East Goscote, Leicester, Leicestershire, LE73XA or email a scanned version to firstname.lastname@example.org. You are responsible for the cost of sending your Competition entry to us.
4. When submitting your Competition entry, You must provide your name, age and address and the name and contact telephone number of your parent or guardian. We will only use this information in relation to the Competition (including checking your eligibility to enter it and arranging for delivery of prizes) and will not use it for any other purposes whatsoever. We will not keep this information for longer than is necessary for the operation of the Competition.
5. You may only send one entry to the Competition.
6. We must receive your entry to the Competition by 11:59 pm on January 15th 2016.
7. Employees or agents of Leicestershire Garden Design Company and their group companies or their family members may not enter the Competition.
Picking the winners
8. BARRY RANDALL will pick ONE WINNER.
9. The winning entry will be that which is considered to be the most original, creative and well-executed.
10. BARRY RANDALL’s decision will be made on or before 15th January 2016. The decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
Publishing the winning entries
11. The names of the winner will be published on the Leicestershire Garden Design Company website (www.leicestershiregardendesign.co.uk) and social media accounts from January 15th 2016 or (if Leicestershire Garden Design Company needs to delay this publication for any reason) at a later date.
12. You own the copyright to your Competition entry as its author.
13. By submitting an entry to the Competition, You give Leicestershire Garden Design: a. Permission for your entry to be published on the Leicestershire Garden Design Company website and grant Leicestershire Garden Design Company a non-exclusive, royalty-free, worldwide licence to republish your Competition entry in electronic format and hard copy for purposes connected with the Competition; and b. The right to use your name, age and town or city of residence for the sole purpose of identifying You as the author of your entry.
Getting consent from an adult
14. Sending in an entry to the Competition means that You accept these Terms and Conditions, which are the rules of the Competition. You should check with your parent or guardian that they are happy for You to enter the Competition based on these Terms and Conditions.
15. Leicestershire Garden Design Company requires the consent in writing (which may include e-mail) of the parent or guardian of the author of a winning entry to publish that winning entry and the author’s name, age and town or city of residence on www.leicestershiregardendesign.co.uk and the associated social media profiles.
16. If Leicestershire Garden Design Company does not receive written consent (which may include e-mail) from the parent or guardian of the author of a winning entry then we may award the prize to another entry for which we are able to gain such consent.
17. The winner will receive vouchers for Showcase Cinemas to the sum of £50.00.
18. The parents or guardians of the winners will be notified by telephone on or before 15th January 2015.
19. The prizes will be sent to the winner by LEICESTERSHIRE GARDEN DESIGN COMPANY by February 1st 2016.
20. The prizes cannot be exchanged or transferred by You and cannot be redeemed by You for cash or any other prizes.
21. We will substitute the prizes with other prizes of similar value in the event that the original prizes offered are not available.
Some other rules
22. Entries on behalf of another person will not be accepted and joint submissions are not allowed.
23. We take no responsibility for entries that are lost, delayed, misdirected or incomplete or cannot be delivered or entered for any technical or other reason. Proof of delivery of the entry is not proof of receipt.
24. Your entry will not be returned to You unless requested.
25. Details of the winners can be obtained by sending a stamped addressed envelope to the following address: LEICESTERSHIRE GARDEN DESIGN COMPANY, UNIT 11, THE WARREN, EAST GOSCOTE, LEICESTER, LEICESTERSHIRE, LE73XA.
26. No purchase is necessary.
27. The Promoter of the Competition is Leicestershire Garden Design Company whose address is Unit 11, The Warren, East Goscote, Leicester, Leicestershire, LE73XA. Any complaints regarding the Competition should be sent to this address.
28. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall exclude the liability of Leicestershire Garden Design Company for death, personal injury, fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation as a result of its negligence.
29. Leicestershire Garden Design Company accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by You as a result of entering the Competition or accepting the prize. Leicestershire Garden Design Company further disclaims liability for any injury or damage to You or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials in connection with the Competition.
30. Leicestershire Garden Design Company reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, this Competition with or without prior notice due to reasons outside its control (including, without limitation, in the case of anticipated, suspected or actual fraud). The decision of Leicestershire Garden Design Company in all matters under its control is final and binding.
31. Leicestershire Garden Design Company shall not be liable for any failure to comply with its obligations where the failure is caused by something outside its reasonable control. Such circumstances shall include, but not be limited to, weather conditions, fire, flood, hurricane, strike, industrial dispute, war, hostilities, political unrest, riots, civil commotion, inevitable accidents, supervening legislation or any other circumstances amounting to force majeure.
32. The Competition will be governed by English law.